- Q1: What are your first impressions?
What are the first actions you take?
I download the app to test it out:
- I didn't sign up / log in so I came across some gated functionality, not a big deal and good since it does make me want to sign up for an account if I use this often
- I read a briefing and it seems like a pretty good and informative briefing!
- I then get curious to listen to the AI voice, a little scared that it's gonna sound really robotic
- The AI sounds really good! Like an NPR type tone, which is very fitting. Well, NPR people are going to have to worry about their job security shortly
- I'd suggest adding a couple of voices if possible; listening to the same voice over 5+ stories, the stories start to drown out; maybe a handful of male and female voices would help keep my ears perked
- Q3: Do you find the product desirable?
What would you change about the website?
The heroic banner has both an Apple Store and a subscribe CTA - I think maybe that's too many for the space. It depends on what your objective is right now, but I'd fall back to making the App Store link the main CTA and maybe having a more subtle secondary button for subscribing. Though, I'm also not sure what I get when I subscribe? Some more info on what I am subscribing to would be helpful. The only hint is that I'll know when the Android version comes out - which doesn't matter to me since I am iPhone exclusive.
What would you change about the app?
- When I come across an item that requires me to login - would be nice to prompt me with a means to register and/or login as opposed to the generic alert
- Add some variation to AI voices
- In the app store, there was one screenshot where the text was on the bottom whereas the others have text on the top - I like when text is always on top since it's easier to scan. I can totally see why text was on the bottom in that instance though since the thing you are highlighting displays on the bottom of the screen.
- How do I get to view the full article? Sometimes, I might hear something and want to learn more - but, I don't see a way to view the source article.