What are your first impressions?
Just to frame my mindset when looking at a website offering services to build me a website, I am going to get into pixel-perfect mode. I'm definitely not a pixel-perfect person, but's that's the expectation I'll have when paying for web creative services. With that being said, the heroic section and top nav look great! I kinda like the hipster looking people concentrated around a screen where it looks like they are looking at something maybe info architecture related? Well, the hipsters make me think of something hip and hipsters are often pretty good at design. What can I say, I give in to certain stereotypes... 😂 I also like the logo - feels retro sheik? I'm probably wrong on that phrasing... 🤭
What are the first actions you take?
First thing I do is scroll down the page and this is where maybe I jump into my idea of pixel perfect mode
- The About Us and the What We Do blocks are fighting with each other a bit. The About Us feels like it's sitting on the top left of What We Do - so it feels like something might tip over which is a tad distracting
- What We Do tiles feel really close to each other given the available space
- The Recent Works section I like quite a bit; looking at the screenshots, they all look well done - good call on adding these on the front page as this is the number 1 thing I'll want to see when accessing creatives
- I want to click on some of the example sites, the cursor changes but looks like the URL path isn't setup yet
- The social media icons at the bottom also appear not to be tied together yet
- After the homepage, I start to view the interior pages
- I like the design choices for the Contact Us page
- About Us has the coffee you drink - I think I have you all beat ☕️ 😆
- About Us profiles, Sandra P is dropped down a row and is squished between Kimberly and Jake (hey, do all don't look like hipsters! 😂)
- Q3: What do you believe a reasonable price is and what do you believe a high price is?
- Q4: What would you change about the app?