What are your first impressions?
I love the idea! There has been quite a few times where I wished there was a way that I can just launch all the apps I need for a certain task at a click of a button. Oftentimes, there are multiple apps I used to complete an activity and being able to open all at once saves time and let's me get through it quickly.
What are the first actions you take?
WayneEldDev about a month ago
- First impression of the landing page, is that I have really no indicator of what the website is about; other than probably something to do with a MacOS app as that is the only real indication of the purpose that is visible above the fold
- I then scroll down the page to see what this is about
- The next thing I come across is a video demo of the app - which is the first thing I come across that lets me understand what the webpage is about; in regards to the video, I think the point can be made in less than 30 seconds; otherwise, the video is good, helpful, and well done
- the next couple feature banners I have a bit of trouble reading because the text is a bit small for me and not too much contrast between text and background
- The feature tiles section I like a lot, simple and well displayed; though, again the contrast is faint which does make it a little difficult for me to read; also, I'd almost move this section up some; maybe above the video and then add something more explicitly about what the app is above the fold
- At the bottom of the page; I'd recommend adding another CTA to download the app
- After reaching the bottom, I move back to the top. Honestly, I didn't notice the nav the first time (contrast issue again for me...)
- I then go the the app store listing
- I like the app store listing
- I then download the app and give it a go! It's pretty simple and does exactly what I'd want it to do; very cool!
Thanks for the great feedback with regard to the Shepherd website and app. Whilst the application is getting updates I do think that the website needs an overall. This certainly offers some great point that I will be introducing to the site.
- Q3: Do you find the product desirable?
- Q4: What would you change about the website?
What would you change about the app?
The app is really cool and works well. The main thing I would consider changing is instead of 'Delete Application', change to 'Remove.' Delete Application makes me think the app will be deleted from my device; which is unintended but does make me nervous. Overall, great productivity app!WayneEldDev about a month ago
Good suggestion. Thanks.