What are your first impressions?
I love the idea! There has been quite a few times where I wished there was a way that I can just launch all the apps I need for a certain task at a click of a button. Oftentimes, there are multiple apps I used to complete an activity and being able to open all at once saves time and let's me get through it quickly.
What are the first actions you take?
WayneEldDev 4 months ago
- First impression of the landing page, is that I have really no indicator of what the website is about; other than probably something to do with a MacOS app as that is the only real indication of the purpose that is visible above the fold
- I then scroll down the page to see what this is about
- The next thing I come across is a video demo of the app - which is the first thing I come across that lets me understand what the webpage is about; in regards to the video, I think the point can be made in less than 30 seconds; otherwise, the video is good, helpful, and well done
- the next couple feature banners I have a bit of trouble reading because the text is a bit small for me and not too much contrast between text and background
- The feature tiles section I like a lot, simple and well displayed; though, again the contrast is faint which does make it a little difficult for me to read; also, I'd almost move this section up some; maybe above the video and then add something more explicitly about what the app is above the fold
- At the bottom of the page; I'd recommend adding another CTA to download the app
- After reaching the bottom, I move back to the top. Honestly, I didn't notice the nav the first time (contrast issue again for me...)
- I then go the the app store listing
- I like the app store listing
- I then download the app and give it a go! It's pretty simple and does exactly what I'd want it to do; very cool!
Thanks for the great feedback with regard to the Shepherd website and app. Whilst the application is getting updates I do think that the website needs an overall. This certainly offers some great point that I will be introducing to the site.
- Q3: Do you find the product desirable?
- Q4: What would you change about the website?
What would you change about the app?
The app is really cool and works well. The main thing I would consider changing is instead of 'Delete Application', change to 'Remove.' Delete Application makes me think the app will be deleted from my device; which is unintended but does make me nervous. Overall, great productivity app!WayneEldDev 4 months ago
Good suggestion. Thanks.