- Q1: What are your first impressions?
What are the first actions you take?
First thing I do is browse around and see if I can find the true purpose of the site and which features are highlights. As I browse the homepage, I am not quite sure what the site is all about based on the categories of content that appear. I then go to the main nav at the top and quickly get lost. It feels like I am being thrown around to multiple different websites. However, there is a ton of very good horticulture content on Plants Map. I find the resources, plants, and collections to be the most valuable personally. I'm sure if I was more into plants, then the events would also be something I'd keep an eye on.
- Q3: What was your journey navigating the site like? Does the flow make sense?
Who do you believe the target audience is?
People that love plants or that what to browse through some ideas of what they might want to plant themselves! There is also a 'Map' feature - though, I'm not sure what it is supposed to be. There were a couple pins near me that we around industrial parks. I assume it is a plant in the landscape in the front of the industrial space? I assume its a guide to see a plant in real-life; which is actually very useful when considering plants for your own landscape! 🌳
- Q5: Do you find the product desirable?
What would you change about the website?
- On plantsmap.com - the main nav points to too many different domains (mainly sub-domains) which is a bit jarring. The homepage goes to info.plantsmap.com which is basically a different website with the same content
- The news, collections, community, etc. sections on homepage can use some design TLC
- The social icons in the footer are oddly placed on plantsmap.com
- info.plantsmap.com performance is pretty slow; it also shows as not being secured
- I get lost pretty quickly when going through the main navs between plantsmap.com, info.plantsmaps.com, help.plantsmap.com
- Events page loaded very slow - it show no events for maybe 10 seconds before any loaded
- I'd love to see an iPhone / Android app!