What are your first impressions?
The concept of website monitoring is pretty straightforward as-is; so just reading the header on the heroic banner tells me a lot of what I need to know about the product. The flow of content on the homepage is pretty good and steps you through the journey to learn more about the product.
- Q2: Do you find the product desirable?
What would you change about the website?
- The 'Get Started' CTA on the bottom of the homepage leads to the features page; which is unexpected as I would expect to be taken to an account creation page
- Some of the pages seem to go off-design; such as, Features and Contact pages fee like they aren't apart of the same website in terms of heroic area design as well as styling for main text.
- The pricing page has a 'Join Free Trial' button which I'd suggest renaming 'Join' to 'Start'. The button is also a bit misleading as it takes me down to the pricing info instead of having me create an account to start a free trial
- The pricing cards could use a switch to show difference between monthly and annual pricing; that way I don't have to rely on having read the text above the cards mentioning 2 months free for annual subscriptions
- The homepage lacks screens of the app; which typically are more powerful than the generic animated images that are used quite often in websites these days
- The product images on the features page can be a bit more crisp and highlight the feature being spoken of a little better
- The feature highlights can use headers for each section so it's easier to scan through the features and then focus more on features I might be looking for in a website monitoring service