- Q1: What are your first impressions?
- Q2: What are the first actions you take?
- Q3: What was your journey navigating the site like? Does the flow make sense?
- Q4: Who do you believe the target audience is?
Do you find the product desirable?
A lot of times I can buy these on a larger box-store site. However, often, I do find myself going to more specific online retailers to purchase something I am looking for. So, I might not say I'd find it desirable if someone was to tell me about it; but, I actually purchase from stores like this in real life often, so ha! Goes to show desirable vs viable -> viable is more important in real-life. 😎
What would you change about the website?
- The contrast in a lot of areas doesn't differentiate text from background or foreground effects on top of background - such as the drop-down main nav on some interior pages has no separation from the background
- If you use Chrome, right click > click inspect > this opens dev tools, click on audit > run lighthouse, this will give you a report of SEO and usability, the usability piece should provide some insights on how to improve design a bit to improve usability (such as the color contrast issues)
- The social icons in footer aren't tied together
- Get a nice looking logo
- Style the blog page
- This would be something to do a variant test on, but I wonder if the current heroic banner on the homepage is the best experience to show or if a better experience would be going right into highlighting featured products
- Q7: What would you change about the app?