What are your first impressions?
The heroic image didn't really hit it out of the park for me. Looking at it, it didn't feel to me like something I'd find appealing. However, reading down the feature banners are what cleared up what the product is for me and started to convince me how cool and useful this tool would be. It made me think of something like mailchimp, where I get data from whom opened up emails, what they clicked, etc but with just a simple one-time email I sent out; which is awesome.
What are the first actions you take?
- I go past the heroic area and read through the features. This sounds really cool and useful to be honest!
- I like the quotes and enjoyed that the world most interest man is a customer. 😁
- Honestly, the homepage works pretty well - except the heroic text doesn't do much to capture my interest and the image feels like a standard vecteezy image that are pretty common to see these days. That's OK for a placeholder, but I think a screenshot of the app might be more powerful.
- Q3: What was your journey navigating the site like? Does the flow make sense?
- Q4: Who do you believe the target audience is?
- Q5: What do you believe a reasonable price is and what do you believe a high price is?
Do you find the product desirable?
Yes! I love how it can also turn off beacons from other services that do a similar thing. That's great for privacy and I think it is awesome that you even mentioned you can block other Inview customers. Will there be a desktop version? These seems like something that I'd also want on my desktop; especially, since most of the marketing type emails which I would want this type for data for, I'd favor sending from desktop over mobile.
- Q7: What would you change about the website?
- Q8: What would you change about the app?