- Q1: What are your first impressions?
What was your journey navigating the site like? Does the flow make sense?
- The heroic banner is nicely done. Though, there is a bluish banner that hides the top part of the logo - not a big deal though
- The heroic banner does a good job to entice me to click on the App CTA; but, I want to take a look at the rest of the landing page first
- The 'Why use' section is good and does speak to a common issue - where do I want to eat? What food do I want and what is the best place to get it? Obviously, that helps with this at a high level but often doesn't get granular to menu items
- The side-by-side menu comparison is cool - though, that seems like it will be difficult to actually accomplish - good luck!
- The explore section is cool - and it does entice me to click the stepper buttons. The one thing that didn't work too well is the image was really slow to load the initial time (which is probably the only time one would click on the steppers)
- Q3: Who do you believe the target audience is?
What do you believe a reasonable price is and what do you believe a high price is?
I'm not sure I'd pay for it as a consumer; I'd use the free option. Honestly, I wonder if the customer is identified correctly? Is the consumer the customer or will it be the restaurants or someone else?Jordan Brown 3 months ago
This is a good point. It really had me thinking. Although, the consumer is the customer. I have other features written down to make it also viable for restaurants to be subscribed.
"I'm not sure I'd pay for it as a consumer; I'd use the free option.". This is a good statement as Im aware most individuals will be comfortable with the features I have available for free as I didn't cut-off a lot of functionality.
I would like to know if this website had features like user reviews / store reviews, would it entice you more to subscribe? Do you feel like the pricing is fair?
Thanks. Any feedback is good feedback.ARMiedema 3 months ago
Totally - I think pics of the food help; and ingredients usually I don't care much about as I don't have dietary restrictions. Real reviews or ratings of the actual food item would go a long way - yea I might have different tastes and the ratings may fail. Yelp has that same issue - but overall, it does help weed things out. 👍
Do you find the product desirable?
I love the concept. Like Yelp and other apps had to overcome, there is a chicken / egg problem - but; I'd like to know what the best menu items are - especially if it's a bad restaurant but they have the best of something you can get. Like watching Kitchen Nightmares, everyone once and a while Ramsay would come across the best of something he's ever had even though the entirety of the restaurant is no good otherwise... 😂
What would you change about the website?
Jordan Brown 3 months ago
- I'm unsure about the pricing being displayed on the landing page; might hook people into the service with the current free plan and the subtly up-sale if ads are distracting? Well - plenty of options to test pricing and identifying who the paying customer is.
- The stepper on the initial run through loads the images really slow; you may try using tinypng.com to reduce image sizes to see if they load quicker.
I had the same doubts about whether to display the pricing on the landing or not. I think I might remove the payments from the index before I launch and just have that information displayed if they try choosing certain options.
I will further try to optimize the images.
What would you change about the app?
I can get a sense of the app functionality - though, appears it's mostly available to Toronto users for the initial release and isn't feature complete - so I will take that into consideration. The main thing I would be looking for is ratings on the menu items as I care mainly about a general consensus of it the food tastes good (or really bad); that's the top level filter for meJordan Brown 3 months ago
Great comment. I spoke to a few other people and having ratings for each items is a good idea. I will definitly have that implemented before launch. Of course comments/leaving reviews will be available as well.