We made an extension that clearly shows you locally made products when you use your favorite shopping sites. You put in the locations you want to see items from and then shop like normal, our extension will highlight the items from those locations.
Localize your shopping
Support your neighbors
You can help to improve the product 👇
- Q1: What are your first impressions?
What was your journey navigating the site like? Does the flow make sense?
- After looking at the heroic banner, I take a closer look at the heroic image. It looks like a screenshot of Amazon to me; on close inspection, I see a row with a label for 'Buy Localized'
- I then take a look at the logo. If I break the logo apart in a silo, it looks like and icon for an investment app due to the dollar sign and the up arrow. Knowing the name of the product, the arrow can also double as home for a "local" flavor
- I then browse down the page and look at the rest of the content
- Lastly, I click on the main nav items
- Q3: Who do you believe the target audience is?
What would you change about the website?
- The logo makes me think more finance over shopping local; even after knowing what the site is about; I'd consider tweaking it
- The Articles section and the article tiles on the homepage have placeholder text
- The heroic image could be tweaked as well as from the provided view point, it looks simply like an Amazon page
What would you change about the app?
- The icon for the plugin on chrome shows a bit small
- When on Amazon, the localized row displays and I did some digging on the results, and none of them were actually local to me. I tried a couple of things with no luck. I assume they look for the company that is closest to me? It'd be nice if there was an indicator of something truly local - such as "Made in Boise" or something like that