- Q1: What are your first impressions?
- Q2: What are the first actions you take?
What was your journey navigating the site like? Does the flow make sense?
The journey is so-so. It's not necessarily difficult to navigate around, it's more so the overuse of fonts and highlighting fonts that's a bit hard on the eyes which degrades the user experience for me a bit. Otherwise, there isn't much site hierarchy so you can find what you need relatively quick.
- Q4: Who do you believe the target audience is?
- Q5: What do you believe a reasonable price is and what do you believe a high price is?
Do you find the product desirable?
I find the idea desirable. I've been in product management for many years and Basecamp has come up from time-to-time; mostly by designers interestingly enough who really seem to love Basecamp. I've never had the opportunity to really get in and check it out until recently. You can get a lot out of Basecamp and it is pretty good for small teams of maybe 1 - 3 people. Any more than that, then it degrades apart pretty quickly. Though, I believe that is intended from what I've read in the books the owners have published.
- Q7: What would you change about the website?
- Q8: What would you change about the app?