What are your first impressions?
I really like the color pallet and some of the delightful design pieces. The overall design just needs some tidying up and be responsive for small screens - such as phones; which I'd imagine would make a lot of sense to make the implementation mobile first when some of the selling points of the service is that it creates mobile apps.
What are the first actions you take?
- First action I take is looking through the homepage - it's simple and straightforward; just needs some design tidying up
- The screenshot of the web app looks really cool; I like the design of it; it's easy on the eyes
- Good use of Calendly for requesting a demo
- I then look at the pricing page; again, it doesn't look great on my screen - which is a large screen; I'd also would encourage a little more to work on responsiveness since that is a highlighted item on the starter pricing card
- On the sign up page - I signed up, but I got a weird error for store name and wasn't sure what to do about it to resolve it
- Q3: Who do you believe the target audience is?
- Q4: Do you find the product desirable?
- Q5: What would you change about the website?
- Q6: What would you change about the app?